LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS with some more
AQUILA offers Leadership Development Programs for You who want to be one of the best in Your industry. We also provide other organisational development services through councelling, interim management and board assignments.
Our experience suggests that the biggest success factors and challenges for a company as well as for the individual, are the PEOPLE. Therefore we propose to concentrate where there is the greatest potential to make a difference and achieve long-term results: with each individual person. Research by Zenger & Folkmann also shows that the companies with the best results are those with the best leaders, who are characterised by their consciousness and effectivity.
Our philosophy is founded on the proven belief that all change in organisations or people starts with the individual's self-awareness, inner strength, interaction with others, and willingness and ability to make the necessary adjustments.
In a context of growing global complexity, as well as balancing between short-and long-term sustainability, we believe this is an appropriate and necessary means towards what we consider a main goal: an increasing awareness, expanded expertise and sustainable growth for each person, the organisations and communities they belong to.
SOME MAIN TOPICS
Our services are based on contemporary, professional, proven methods. Main development topics:
- Leadership Circle 360-degree leadership and culture evaluation
- Authentic leadership
- Overcoming Immunity to Change in organisations and individuals
- The Enneagram as tool for leadership and team development: Leader Profile, mastery, communication, feedback, conflict, team, performance management, strategic thinking, decision making, change management
- The Enneagram as tool for understanding Yourself and others: A Journey in the history behinf the Enneagram. Inner drivers. Inner dynamics - tame your inner critic. Learn more about inner forces and growth potential.
- Business realignment through innovation: business ideas and strategic development, Innovation for the emerging future with MITs U.LAB model, User-driven Innovation, Classic growth workshop
Our services are delivered by senior consultants using the market's most powerful tools based on the highest professional standards and experience based methods. We stay up to date with fresh know-how from leading institutions.
AQUILA is run by General Manager Lise Strand Bjarkli (have a look here for more about me) in a collaborative network: Our consultants and collaboration partners are characterised by solid expertise combined with the willingness and ability to think 'bigger'.
THE STORY BEHIND THE NAME 'AQUILA'
AQUILA is Latin for "EAGLE" - A story on its own belongs to the choice of name ... For now we'll limit ourselves to tell that EAGLE stands for strength, overview, wholeness and courage. The eagle is the king among birds, it flies highest, has the best view, and is high up in the food chain. The eagle is also associated with persistence, success, wealth, and prosperity.
THE AQUILA LEADERSHIP BODY OF KNOWLEDGE
The figure below indicates the Body of Knowledge we have developed and consider to be essential for a good leader. With a basis in solid subject matter expertise, be it within engineering, economics, law or other disciplines, we divide leadership into three main areas of competency:
- Leading Yourself: this requires self-knowledge, action, strength, values consciousness, courage, purpose, creativity, ability to see multiple perspectives,etc.
- Leading others: an extensive area that we group in the keywords Relations, Development and Synergy
- Leading organisations, communities,etc.: In addition to strong competency in strategic, project and/or business operations management, many of the competencies needed to lead Yourself and others are found back here.
Sustainable leadership is also about finding the right balance !
Some of the areas of competency above are highlighted: Self-awareness, discipline, value, purpose, relation and 'the heart'. These are the building blocks for what is known as Authentic Leadership, a recent orientation emphasising the leader's legitimacy through trusting relationships and an ethical foundation, contributing to improved individual and team performances, with ensuing improved results. We consider Authentic leadership to be a very good choice for leaders who emphasise sound economic profit while at the same time human, ethical and other consequences of the business are safeguarded too. Read more ...
Our toolbox contains a variety of tools. However, we want to emphasize two of these as being the ones we experience as the most powerful and useful ones: The Leadership Circle and the Enneagram. These are used for developing business, leadership and people skills.
THE LEADERSHIP CIRCLE 360 ASSESSMENT
The Leadership Circle is a unique, proven and award winning 360 degree Leadership assessment. Our certified practitioners facilitate deep leadership development while providing a detailed one-page overview.
The Enneagram is really a Swiss Army knife or Leatherman for human development, as it contains several features in one single model: it is a symbol, a typology, a source of understanding Yourself and others, as well as a guide for the development of individuals and groups. We have trained in San Francisco, Oslo and Dublin to give You the best possible Enneagram support.